The orthodontic-base is a specialized hard plaster designed to meet the high standards of orthodontic applications. It is categorized under type 3, according to DIN EN ISO 6873: 2013, with a slow setting feature to accommodate meticulous orthodontic work. Its extra white color provides a clear visual for orthodontic analysis, as well as being suitable for plastic dentures, repairs, and diagnostic models.
- Category: Hard Plaster
- Type: Type 3, Slow Setting
- Application: Orthodontics, Plastic Dentures, Repair, and Diagnostic Models
- Color: Extra White
Mixing and Handling:
|Mixing Ratio||28 ml of water to 100 g of powder|
|Stirring Time||30 seconds (mechanical)|
|Processing Time||Approximately 7-8 minutes|
|Setting Time||Approximately 13-14 minutes|
- Hardness (24h): Greater than 140 N/mm²
- Hardness (30/60 min): Approximately 130/140 N/mm²
- Compressive Strength:
- 1 hour: Approximately 50 MPa
- 24 hours: Greater than 60 MPa
- Expansion (DIN): Less than 0.10 %
- Optimized for Orthodontics: Deliberately slow setting to facilitate detailed orthodontic work.
- Extra White Color: Enhances visibility for precision in orthodontic applications.
- Versatile Use: Also appropriate for the production of plastic dentures, and repair and diagnostic models.
- Consistent Quality: Offers high hardness and compressive strength for reliable model creation.
- Prepare a mix of 28 ml water with 100 g of orthodontic-base powder.
- Stir the mixture mechanically for 30 seconds to ensure a lump-free consistency.
- The plaster remains moldable for about 7-8 minutes, allowing detailed work without haste.
- The setting time is approximately 13-14 minutes, after which the model can be further processed.
- Post setting, the plaster exhibits high hardness and compressive strength, ideal for orthodontic purposes.
orthodontic-base is the go-to material for orthodontists demanding a balance between workability and performance in model creation and repair tasks.