Product OverviewConsepsis™ and Consepsis™ V are lightly flavored 2.0% chlorhexidine gluconate disinfecting solutions. They are designed for use in dental procedures, providing effective disinfection without negatively affecting the strength of dental adhesives.Consepsis™ is a versatile solution suitable for a variety of applications, while Consepsis™ V is a more viscous formulation specifically designed for endodontic disinfection.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate: Both solutions contain 2.0% chlorhexidine gluconate, a powerful disinfectant.
- Adhesive-Friendly: These solutions do not contain surfactants or emollients that could weaken dental adhesives.
- Viscosity: Consepsis™ V has a higher viscosity than standard Consepsis™, preventing it from quickly running out of the canal.
- Pre-Cementation: Use before cementing crowns (both temporary and permanent) and for preparation under crowns, inlays, and composites.
- Bonding: Consepsis™ is an effective bonding agent wetting solution that enhances bond strength.
- Endodontic Procedures: Use as a disinfectant in endodontic procedures, as a final endodontic rinse before canal obturation, and as an antimicrobial agent before applying a protective pulp cap.
- Dentin Tubules: Helps prevent microorganisms from entering dentin tubules, reducing the risk of postoperative pulpitis and sensitivity.
- Endodontic Disinfection: Specifically designed for disinfection in endodontics, its viscosity prevents the material from quickly running out of the canal.
Pre-Treatment ProcedureBoth Consepsis™ and Consepsis™ V can be applied using 1.2ml prefilled syringes or the 30ml IndiSpense™ system. For optimal control, hold the syringe in the palm of your hand rather than in the conventional manner with the thumb on the plunger.
- Etching: Etch the surfaces to be bonded before applying Consepsis™. Dispense a small amount of Consepsis™ and thoroughly rub the preparation. Air dry. Do not rinse.
- Moist Dentin Surface: Remove excess fluid to obtain a moist dentin surface.
- Bonding: Continue with the appropriate bonding technique according to instructions.
- Rinse: Upon completion of cleaning and shaping canals, rinse with Consepsis V. Leave Consepsis V in canals for 60 seconds.
- Rinse Again: Rinse thoroughly with sterile water, or EDTA.
- Dry: Dry completely with Ultradent Luer Vacuum Adapter and paper points.
- Obturate: Obturate with materials of choice.
- Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to chlorhexidine.
- Do not allow volumes of material to be ingested. Collect extraneous material with proper vacuuming techniques.
- Tips are disposable; do not reuse.
- Use Ultradent™ Syringe Covers for a protective barrier to prevent cross-contamination.
- Consepsis V is specifically designed for endodontic disinfecting purposes only.