Composition & Appearance:
- Type: Barrier Solution
- Base: Glycerin
- Consistency: Viscous
- Appearance: Clear
- Primary Use: Prevents formation of an oxygen inhibition layer during the polymerization of resin materials.
- Application Areas: Ideal for areas where composite or luting cement is contoured close to final dimensions.
- Benefits: Prevents negative voids or contour inaccuracies by allowing precise removal of luting resins before curing, thereby reducing excess cured composite or cement.
- Restoration Placement: Apply DeOx after placing but before curing composite restorations or luting.
- Application: Use a syringe with a Luer Lock cap and disposable tip for application.
- Coverage: Ensure complete coverage of exposed resin, focusing on margins and embrasures.
- Curing: Follow manufacturer’s instructions for polymerization.
- Removal: Excess solution can be removed using air/water spray.
Precautions & Warnings:
- Professional Use: Intended strictly for professional dental use.
- Allergy Precautions: Not suitable for patients with sensitivity to ingredients.
- Expiration Date: Adherence to the expiration date is crucial.
- Disposable Tips: Single-use to prevent cross-contamination.
- Syringe Handling: Requires disposable covers and disinfectant wiping, or consider as single-use.
- Problem Addressed: DeOx effectively resolves issues related to the oxygen inhibition layer that can affect the integrity and aesthetics of resin-based dental restorations.
- Benefits for Dentists: Simplifies the finishing process of restorations by allowing better control over the final contours and reducing the need for extensive post-curing adjustments.
- Patient Impact: Ensures higher quality and durability of restorations, improving patient satisfaction with the final outcome.
- Usage Efficiency: Its precise application method and clear instructions make it a user-friendly solution, enhancing procedural efficiency in dental practices.